Swimmer: “Uuuuhhhh….Coach? Isn’t this site about swimming?”
Coach Meg: “Yes, this site is all about swimming, dry-land training and building community!”
Swimmer: ” So, why support a virtual run?”
Coach Meg: “There are many reasons, keep reading.”
When I was just a wee-blogging-neophyte, I looked to Beth Risdon’s Shut Up+Run blog for motivation and inspiration. Her writing describes the very real, humorous and fulfilling life of a female athletes. Her post never fail to make me laugh and now her family is in need of support. Sherry Arnold is Beth Risdon’s cousin and during a morning run earlier this month, Sherry was abducted and murdered in Montana – recent news reports here.
“Sherry Arnold – runner, mother, wife, daughter, and teacher – went for an early morning run on January 7,2012, and never came home. Sherry’s goodness, courage and strength prevail and she is not defined by the tragic way in which she died.”
The virtual run will be on Saturday, February 11 at 9 a.m. MST.
- Mark your calendars
- Print out a running bib and pin it to your shirt
- Gather your friends, your running club members, your families
- If it’s wet where you are, “laminate” your bib with postage tape and punch holes in it
- If that time doesn’t work, go when you can
- GO. Run as far and as long as you want. Walk, hike, cycle, rollerblade if you don’t want to or can’t run.
- Please share this on your blogs, Facebooks and Twitters
- Keep it simple. Just run with Sherry on your minds and hearts.
Click HERE to print the bib
The following is right from Beth’s Blog:
“If it feels right, please blog about your run and let me know. I’m going to post links to those posts so her family and friends can read them. If you take pictures, send them to be at email@example.com so that I can post them here.
My goal is to get the MOST love, momentum and energy moving in honor of Sherry. This run symbolizes the beginning if healing and honors a woman who was courageous, strong and loved by so many.
For those of us in the Denver/Boulder/Longmont area I will be organizing a group run at the Boulder Reservoir that morning. I hope we can get a huge clan together and make the earth MOVE!! Stay tuned.”
I will keep everyone posted on the specific time/location of the running plans for Coach Meg Swim .
Keep on Swimming,